Monday, October 5, 2009

The Greene family gets fit...

Trey and I have been focused lately on losing weight and getting in shape. This is much easier for Trey than it is for me, but I'm still trying. We try to run (okay, so really it's little more than walking kinda fast) and do crunches, etc on our Wii Fit everyday along with eating healthy. As I thought last night about all of our exercise lately I realized that I haven't ever really answered one of the questions that people ask most about Wesleigh Anne...what do you actually "do" with a baby at therapy??? Well, we do a lot of things depending on which therapist we are seeing that day. Most of the things we do, you would do with any normal baby...we are just more intentional about it. For example, all babies do tummy time and all parents play with their baby's feet to try to make them aware of their body...we just do these things more frequently and we pay a lot more attention to how long it takes Wesleigh Anne to catch on. I've made a video with several of the "exercises" Wesleigh Anne does each day as part of her homework for her therapists. These are for occupational therapy (OT) and physical therapy (PT). Her speech therapist focuses on eating, which I've already posted video of. So this video is a bit long, but maybe it will help you understand what you actually do with babies at therapy...



We have really seen some great progress from Wesleigh Anne as a result of the therapy she does each week. For example, Wesleigh Anne will now routinely reach for toys that are in front of her (like on one of those baby gyms) and she's much happier on her left side. She also is doing exceptionally well eating off of a spoon and is making many more noises now. Lastly, her neck strength (while not nearly where it should be) is increasing rapidly. I'll keep you updated on how Wesleigh Anne is doing with her exercises and on how Trey and I are doing at losing weight! Hopefully by the end of the Fall we will all be in better shape!!! I hope you all have a wonderful beginning of your week...
Liz, Trey and Wesleigh Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones